The Icelandic Canadian Club of British Columbia
SCHOLARSHIP FUND REGULATIONS
1) The Icelandic Canadian Club of British Columbia scholarships are awarded to students of Icelandic ancestry who are residents of British Columbia and are beginning or continuing a program of post-secondary education. Applicants, parents or grandparents must be members in good standing of the Icelandic Canadian Club of B.C.
2) Awards will be given according to scholastic achievement. Consideration will be given to members activity in the Icelandic Club.
3) The scholarship committee shall endeavour to award a minimum of two scholarships each year for an amount determined by the Scholarship Committee. Additional awards may be considered and authorized by the Committee from time to time.
4) These awards are applicable to students attending recognized post-secondary educational institutions for academic or technical studies.
5) Applicant must have been accepted at an accredited post-secondary institution.
6) Undergraduate Studies - All applicants must be full time students.
7) These awards shall be made on the recommendation of a Scholarship Committee whose members shall be selected by the supporting organization.
. 8) Applicants may be awarded only two scholarships in their lifetime regardless of the category. Amounts to be determined by the Scholarship Committee and may vary.
9) In order to be considered for a scholarship all required enclosures must be completed and received between July 1, and no later than Aug 15. Please read the application form carefully and complete all requirements ( Icelandic heritage, application form, acceptance letter from institution, transcripts ,applicants letter and picture).
Please check one
Entrance ____ Undergraduate ____ Graduate ____ Technical Studies ____
Number of years of family membership in ICC of B.C.__________________
Name of applicant:
Qualifications in regard to Icelandic descent. Please be specific, giving:
o Birthplaces, and
o Birthdates of ancestors of Icelandic origin.
· Use a separate page or pages, if necessary.
School last attended:
Institution where you have been accepted:
Courses or Degrees you plan to take:
Have you received an award from the ICC of BC before?
What year? ______________
-For Awards given at Entrance to post-secondary studies:
-Transcript of Grade XI and XII marks
- Acceptance letter from post secondary institution.
-For all other awards include transcript of marks of current year, or most recent year of study.
-A brief note -from the applicant, describing, activities, interests and career plans, written by the applicant, must be submitted with the completed form and may be published in our newsletter with current photo.
(length- one typed page,)
-Current photo of self
NOTE: THESE ENCLOSURES MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE COMMITTEE OR THE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Signature of applicant:
APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN AUGUST 15th
AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
Icelandic Canadian Club of BC, Scholarship Committee
c/o Scandinavian Community Centre
6540 Thomas Street, Burnaby, BC V5B 4P9